Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Life of a bum rap

I wake up in the morning, see the time on my phone
"Oh my, so late!" I say in a dazzled tone.
"Oh, wait, just kidding. What's the big deal?
I got another day for me to just bum and chill.
I be eating when I'm told and I'm back on my bed
Checking emails and facebook, now it's time to rest.
No job, no money - got em worries in my head
But at least I'm enjoying my life at its best.
"It's a waste of time! Why don't you do something?"
Says the other half of me that loves to pull the strings
"Like what?" "Do yoga. Take a walk. Read that book
That's been sitting right next to your bed.  Take a look!
Oh, and what about that journal you promised to finish?
You're almost done! Stop bumming and smelling like a fish
Wash up, dress up, take a seat, and write
Just do it step by step, and it'll be alright."
Now I have to say, I did the first thing; now I'm clean,
But I forgot about the rest, so I'm back to the computer screen.
Well, there's nothing going on after hours of internet,
So why don't I try something new instead?
Like what?...I don't know...
Oh, wait, I never wrote a rap before.
So here I am rappin' and droppin' the beat,
and rockin' in my PJs, that's the way to be. Chyeah..

Well, it took a while to get motivated, thus the delay.
I still feel accomplished with this pointless rap.
Now, what's next?

Upload one of the songs I composed on the piano last year.
I mean, why not.  Can't hide it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment